Bandai Namco has Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist has released new information and screenshots of Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist introducing the game’s Survival Mode and playable characters Ken Kaneki, Touka Kirishima, Shu Tsukiyama, Kisho Arima, and Kotaro Amon.
Here are the details, via Bandai Namco:
While playing players will have to make use of various ‘tricks and traps’ to turn the tide of battle in their favour. For example, throwing a grenade toward an oil drum will cause a powerful explosion in your enemies’ direction, or collecting a certain number of key items that unlocks a new section of the stage.
Five characters from the manga are also now confirmed to be part of Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist. Two ghouls, two investigators and one half-ghoul who possess Ghoul’s abilities.
- Ken Kaneki – The main character, Ken Kaneki, was human until he was transplanted with a ghoul organ. His transformation increased his strength and durability dramatically, he accepted his new powers and now lives as a Ghoul.
- Touka Kirishima – Touka Kirishima is a high school student that works as a waitress, but also a ghoul that specialises in high speed battles.
- Shu Tsukiyama – Shu Tsukiyama is a ghoul and call himself a gourmet. He uses the Spiral Kagune on his arm as a means of both attack and defense.
Investigators work for the CCG (Commission of Counter Ghoul), an agency working on crimes related to the ghouls. They fight using Quinques, powerful weapons created from ghoul bodies.
- Kisho Arima – Kisho Arima is a special investigator, to fight he uses Narukami, a unique and powerful Quinque.
- Kotaro Amon – Kotaro Amon is the second playable investigator; his weapon of choice is “Dojima ½” a club shaped Quinque.
Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist is due out for PlayStation 4 this winter in Japan. It is also planned for release on PlayStation 4 and PC in the Americas and Europe, but a release window has yet to be announced.
View the screenshots at the gallery.