Korean bullet hell shoot ’em up Shikhondo: Soul Eater will launch for PlayStation 4 on August 28 (North America) / August 29 (Europe), Xbox One on August 28, and Switch on August 30, publisher Digerati and developer DeerFarm announced.
A PlayStation 4 limited edition physical version of Shikhondo: Soul Eater is now available to purchase at Play-Asia for $34.99. A Switch standard edition ($24.99) and limited edition ($34.99) is expected to ship in Q4 2018. Use the coupon code “GEMATSU” to save $3 on your order.
Here is an overview of the game, via Digerati:
Shikhondo: Soul Eater is a Korean bullet-hell shoot ‘em up set within a beautiful and bizarre world of Asian mythology.
Armies of demons known as yokai have escaped from Limbo. They are spreading like a plague across the land, sowing fear and stealing souls. You must destroy the pestilent invaders and free the captured souls from eternal torment.
Includes Arcade, Hardcore and Local Co-op modes.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns.
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush, and Local Co-op.
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores.
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack.
- Online leaderboards for high score glory.
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology.
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork.
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions.