Diablo III: Eternal Collection is coming to Switch both physically and digitally in 2018, Blizzard Entertainment announced. It will be playable at Gamescom 2018, Fan Expo 2018 in Toronto, and PAX West 2018 in Seattle.
Here is an overview of the game, via Blizzard:
The definitive version of Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed Diablo III is coming to the Nintendo Switch! The Diablo III Eternal Collection includes the original Diablo III, the critically-acclaimed Reaper of Souls expansion, the Rise of the Necromancer pack, all content updates and console-specific features, an assortment of bonus items exclusive to Nintendo Switch, and a lifetime’s worth of adventure.
Diablo III on the Nintendo Switch takes full advantage of the console’s flexibility and versatility with multiple intuitive and ultra-responsive controller configuration options. Whether you prefer dual-wielding Joy-Cons, sitting elbow-to-elbow on the couch with your friends using a single Joy-Con each, or entering the fray armed with a Pro Controller, you’ll be able to slay your way. Up to four players can embark on grand cooperative crusades to cleanse Sanctuary—side by side in front of a single Nintendo Switch screen or linking multiple consoles together wirelessly.
- The Ultimate Action RPG: Experience the five-act campaign spanning the lore-rich and demon-infested world of Sanctuary or forge your own stories in the endlessly replayable Adventure Mode.
- A Treasure Trove of Content: Includes Diablo III, the Reaper of Souls expansion, the Necromancer Pack, and many more content updates including Kanai’s Cube, Challenge Rifts, and the recently unveiled Themed Seasons.
- Vanquish Evil as Seven Powerful Character Classes: Play as the Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Wizard; as well as Diablo’s newest playable hero, the fan-favorite Necromancer.
- Collect Awe-Inspiring Loot: Grow in power as you gather powerful tools of destruction from the shattered remains of your enemies, including Ancient Items, Powerful Sets, and Legendaries.
- Choose Your Weapon: Supports multiple Joy-Con configurations as well as the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
- Slay Anytime, Anywhere: Portability of the Nintendo Switch platform is a perfect fit for Diablo:
- Four players can take on the Lords of Hell on a single Nintendo Switch
- Link up to four Nintendo Switch consoles wirelessly; no Internet connection required
- Online play available through the Nintendo Switch Online service
- Nintendo Switch Online cloud saving support for save data and character progress
- Nintendo Switch Exclusive Bonus Items: The Diablo III Eternal Collection on Nintendo Switch includes the Legend of Ganondorf cosmetic armor set, Tri-Force portrait frame, Cucco pet, and Echoes of the Mask cosmetic wings.
Watch a trailer and message from Blizzard president Michael Morhaime and Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aime below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.