The Switch version of Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut will launch in August, developer inXile Entertainment announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via inXile Entertainment:
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut is an enhanced version of the original release that features numerous improvements and additions that further immerse the player in this epic adventure across a post-nuclear American Southwest.
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Feel free to pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open!
- Decision Making… with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity, player choices ripple outwards, changing the game’s events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland.
- Huge & Customizable: Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on the Rangers’ appearances. Over 150 weapons. No two players will have the same experience.
New Director’s Cut Features
- Perks & Quirks: Players can customize their squads even more! Perks & Quirks are special personality traits players can use to give their characters even more life, with their own unique bonuses… and drawbacks.
- Precision Strikes: Fire on enemies and debilitate them with tactical attacks! Cripple a leg to slow an enemy down, fire on their gun to blast it to bits, or aim for the head to knock them senseless – or blow it clean off.
Expanded Voice Over: Over 8,000 lines of new voice-over dialog have been added for the game’s characters and companions, bringing the wasteland to life like never before.
With over 80 hours of gameplay, players will deck out their Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of their strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.
Watch the debut trailer for the Switch version below.