Aquaplus has updated the official Japanese website for Utawarerumono Zan with information and screenshots of various systems and newly confirmed playable characters Atuy and Uruuru & Saraana.
Get the details below.
When you start a mission, your “main objective” will be displayed. In situations where there are multiple main objectives, your next objective will be displayed once you clear the one before it. By clearing every main objective, you will complete the mission. Missions also have “side objectives” that you can clear to get additional experience points and items.
- Main Objectives
- Gather Four Medical Herbs! – A collection-based objective. Clear this objective by finding four medical herbs on the map.
- Defeat One Uzurusha Chiliarch! – A combat-based objective. Clear this objective by defeating one of the Uzurusha Chiliarchs on the map.
- Side Objectives
- Defeat 30 Gigiri! – A combat-based objective. Clear this objective by defeating 30 of the Gigiri on the map.
- Defeat 10 Iara Orke! – A combat-based objective. Clear this objective by defeating 10 of the Iara Orke on the map.
“Unit Traits” are the unique special effects possessed by each unit. There are passive effects that are always active during missions, as well as effects that are only activated under specific conditions. By raising your stats, you can strengthen the effects of traits.
- Haku’s Unit Trait – With Haku’s “Lord of Truth” Unit Trait, the amount of damage he takes is lessened. By leveling up his trait level, his damage lessening rate will significantly increase.
- Kuon’s Unit Trait – With Kuon’s “Indomitable” Unit Trait, her attack power will rise upon taking a certain amount of damage. By leveling up to her trait level, the amount her attack power rises will increase.
“Formation Effect” is an effect that strengthens the entire troop and is activated based on morale level. The contents of a Formation Effect change depending on the codex equipped.
- Formation of Fire – Boosts the basic attack power of the entire troop. Attack power further increases during overzeal. By increasing morale level, even more effects can be boosted.
- Formation of Water – Extends the length of strengthening effects, and boosts the defense power of the entire troop. By increasing morale level, even more effects can be boosted.
“Basic Moves” are combo attacks with little breaks in between. While they have little strength in comparison to “Combination Attacks,” they are perfect as actions for starting a combo and restoring zeal.
Combination attacks are moves unique to each unit in which new moves are added by completing specific missions. Activating a combination attack consumes zeal, but thanks to its high attack power and buff effects, it has various benefits such as being able to attack at a wider range than normal and temporarily strengthening yourself.
Activating a “Special Move” at the start of a combo becomes a unit-unique loop combo attack, an if connected from a basic move, it becomes a one-shot derivation attack. Unlike basic moves, special moves enable strong, unit-unique attacks such as long-range attacks, but since zeal recovery rate is low, it should be used in conjunction with evasions, combination attacks, and basic moves.
- Haku’s Special Move – Wielding an iron fan, Haku swallows up numerous nearby enemies before ending it by blowing them back.
- Kuon’s Special Move – A piercing attack in which Kuon throws her kunai to pierce even faraway enemies.
“Deadly Arts” are learned when a character reaches a certain level. Deadly Arts can be used by defeating enemies to build up “Zeal”* to its capacity, and depending on the character, can either deal major damage to the enemy or heal your comrades (yourself included).
*Zeal is the light blue gauge displayed to the right of the character icon on the lower left of the screen, right under the (yellow) HP gauge.
Atuy (voiced by Yumi Hara)
A girl with a warm and snug atmosphere. She has an outgoing and cheerful personality, and a refined manner of speech. Although a woman of romance, she is a master of the spear with a completely different personality on the battlefield. Her pet Kurarin always rides atop her head.
Uruuru & Saraana (voiced by Ayane Sakura)
Elusive twin girls who follow Haku around. While they appear identical, Uruuru has light skin while her sister Saraana has tanned skin. They tail Haku’s party in secret, but their intentions are unknown.
Utawarerumono Zan is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 27 in Japan.
View the screenshots at the gallery.