The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Colopl’s newly announced Shironeko New Project for Switch.
The following are tidbits from the magazine’s interview with producer Hiroki Asai:
- When we thought about what we could to make the world of Shironeko Project bigger than we ever have before and make the fans happy, the option of advancing to the Switch came to mind.
- We chose Switch because it’s a stationary console that you can freely take on the go. We also thought there is be great possibility in terms of gathering up your friends to play, which is also the basis of Shironeko Project.
- The genre is unchanged—a cooperative-type action RPG. We will utilize the system’s controller and specs to implement what we couldn’t in the smartphone version.
- The characters and story will differ from the smartphone version. While it’s not as if existing characters won’t appear, the content of the game will not be the same as the smartphone version.
- We want to further expand the world of Shironeko Project with new protagonists, friends, and graphics.
Shironeko New Project is due out for Switch in 2020 in Japan.