The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new information on Kill la Kill the Game: IF, the upcoming Kill la Kill 3D battle game published by Arc System Works and developed by APlus Games.
Here are the tidbits:
- Players can freely run around a 3D field using simple controls.
- While there are not any command moves and such, players can easily perform attacks with d-pad and button inputs.
- In addition to dashes, steps, and guards, players can also use long distance attacks.
- Players can also use button-mashing combos, as well as activate finishing attacks that produce a variety of scenes with the final d-pad input of a combo.
- The game is based on a rock-paper-scissors system, where one action in a set of three overpowers another, but is weak against the other. This includes break attacks, blows, and guards in one set, and blows, read evasion attacks, and evasion actions in another set.
- By landing a Ketsui Burst (Determination Burst) special attack, a Ketsui Hyoumei Enzetsu (Speech of Expressed Determination) will activate, during which you will fight while in a verbal dispute. This also has a rock-paper-scissors system with provoke (scissors), abuse (paper), and mock (rock) actions.
- By winning, your Ketsui Level (Determination Level) will rise and your character’s stats will increase.
- Development is currently 35 percent complete.
Kill la Kill the Game: IF is due out worldwide for PlayStation 4 and PC in 2019. If you missed it earlier this month, watch the debut trailer here.