Bandai Namco hosted a live stream today where it detailed the changes made to God Eater 3 since the game’s last playable display in March, discussed the Custom Bullet system, and showcased new gameplay.
Get the details below.
■ Improvements Since the Development Summit in March
- Camera distance can now be selected from five levels.
- Camera distance can now be changed with the d-pad buttons (the default buttons are up and down).
- Adjusted camera turning speed.
- Adjusted camera behavior at walls.
- Adjusted the camera as not to run wild in situations where the character is not visible, such as the camera mounting on high ground.
- Adjusted camera-following when performing quick actions such as the character turning.
- Made small objects on the field (such as weeds) disappear when the camera approaches.
- Changed lock-on button from R3 to a long press of L1.
- Made it possible to set the camera to either the right stick or the d-pad buttons.
God Arc Actions
- Adjusted the cancel frames of all God Arc actions.
- Made it possible to use turning attacks during steps.
- Made the completion of actions that require a gauge easier to understand.
- Made the hit or reception of a Link Burst bullet to an ally easier to understand.
- Changed the amount of stamina consumed for a dive based on the type of armor.
- Made adjustments as to calculate the damage dealt by a dive based on the armor’s defense power.
- Biting Edge: Made improvements as to use a “transformation attack” without stopping the attack flow.
- Biting Edge: Implemented a step attack in the mow-down blade form.
- Biting Edge: Implemented a long mow-down blade form into the mow-down blade form.
- Ray Gun: Made it possible to lock-on.
- Ray Gun: Improved camera turn speed when aiming.
- Other God Arc behavioral adjustments.
- Adjusted the amount of effects and tint in order to improve visibility during battle.
- “Double Jump” has returned as a basic Burst effect.
- Made adjustments to give the character a painful expression upon running out of stamina.
- When an Ashland Aragami is in the Burst state, the player can shorten their Burst by landing a devour attack.
- The operation for opening and closing the item palette and command palette has been restored to that of the previous games.
- Implemented a UI that makes it easier to understand progress in meeting the conditions for activating an Accelerator Trigger during missions.
- Adjusted the UI to make it easier to notice when stamina depletes.
- Made it easier to notice when an ally has fallen.
Base and System
- Implemented emotes, including the “Rolling Dance.”
- Implemented a feature to display accepted misisons at the base.
- Implemented a feature to adjust the brightness of the screen.
■ Custom Bullets
In God Eater 3, Custom Bullets have been changed to work with using bullet count rather than Oracle Points. It uses a cost system where the more powerful the Custom Bullet, the higher the cost and the lesser the number of bullets you can bring on a mission.
■ God Eater Fan Club
God Eater Fan Club is a free God Eater series fan site that will start taking pre-registrations in August. Users who pre-register will be entered in a raffle to be invited to a special event.
Special Event #1
On September 2, Bandai Namco will host a God Eater 3 hands-on event and developer talk show featuring the latest build of the game, which includes the above changes, both single-player and four-person multiplayer, and a mission to defeat new Aragami Barbarius.
God Eater 3 will be released worldwide for PlayStation 4 and PC. A release date has yet to be announced.
Watch the footage below at the following time stamps:
- 1:03:36 to 1:05:23
- 1:11:02 to 1:13:36
- 1:17:37 to 1:19:00
- 1:20:44 to 1:22:57
- 1:31:50 to 1:36:17
- 1:59:57 to 2:01:23