Konami has announced Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Championship 2018, a free-to-play version of Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 due out for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita via the PlayStation Store in Japan on July 25.
Here is an overview of the game’s features, via its official website:
- Championship – Compete in various official online tournaments. Since opponents are selected based on the player’s ability, anyone can enjoy a passionate game of baseball. In Championship 2018, a new “My Team Cup” will be held where the player’s custom arrange team can participate. Play games to earn CP and get rewards.
- Competition – With the improvement of light expression during games in the PlayStation 4 version, the sense of presence in the stadium has been drastically powered up. The game supports PlayStation 4 Pro, 4K resolution, and HDR. The PS Vita version supports ad-hoc multiplayer (in addition to online) as well.
- Practice – Learn basic operations in batting, pitching, and defense practice, as well as fielder operations during defense such as the meet cursor and pitching. After you become familiar with the controls, try out the advanced operations such as “Nice Pitch” and “Diving Catch.” Also, when practicing in game format, you can play without three-out change.
- Player Data – Check the latest player data here. Confirm the data of the professional baseball players and Success players included in the game.
- Arrange – Assemble your favorite players and form an arrange team of your very own. Your team can participate in competitions and championships.
- Miscellaneous Data – Set various options and game rules in “My Settings,” as well as configure profile, sound, and various other settings.
Here is an overview of the differences between the standard Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2018 and the free-to-play Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Championship 2018:
|Powerful Pro 2018||Championship 2018|
*Only “Single-Player” and “Two-Player”
|Development of New Pitches||○||－|
|Power Pro Shop||○||－|
|LIVE Power Pro||○||－|
|Player Data||2018 Player Data||○||○|
|Release of Additional Players||○||○|
*Only four fictional stadiums
|Other Features||BGM Settings||○||－|
|Supporters Songs and Settings||○||－|
|Works with Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Success Special||○||○|
Visit the game’s official website here.