Original 5:11 a.m.: Arc of Alchemist, the new RPG from Compile Heart, will be released for PlayStation 4 on November 29 in Japan for 7,200 yen (7,776 yen with tax) at retail, 6,400 yen (6,912 yen with tax) via download, and 9,200 yen (9,936 yen with tax) for the limited edition, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.
The desert-themed RPG is set in a ruined world with a sci-fi atmosphere, and features artwork from world renowned illustrator Yoshitaka Amano, as well as a scenario written by Yukinori Kitajima of 428: Shibuya Scramble and Senran Kagura fame.
Further information has yet to leak from the magazine.
Update 11:45 p.m.: New information has surfaced.
First, here is a look at the staff:
- Producer: Norihisa Kochiwa – “The uniqueness of all the creators melds to create a chemical reaction beyond imagination. Those who like RPGs, please experience this chemistry.”
- Director: Kousuke Uchida
- Scenario: Yukinori Kitajima (428: Shibuya Scramble, Senran Kagura</em., Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius)
- Character Image: Mota
- System Adviser: Kyouji Koizumi (head of the SaGa series’ battle system) – “I’m participating in the creation of an RPG where you adventure through a desert from the position of a foreign supporter.”
- 3D Modeling: Cattle Call
- Concept Art: Yoshitaka Amano
The game uses a tactical action battle system, where battles seamlessly move from the field to battle whenever a battle occurs. There is also a simulation-esque facilities construction element, where players build a base in the desert and add facilities to strengthen its functions. Jobs can be set for party members—troops and maneuvers can be set according to the situation, and party members will automatically battle. The Luna Gear system allows players to freely insert elemental orbs (fire, earth, water, and wind) into their gear to expand the types of actions that can be used in battle and on the field.
Announced characters include:
- Quinn Bravesford (voiced by Reina Ueda)
- Sandra Wavnwright (voiced by Moe Toyota)
- Sharon Valver (voiced by Miyu Tomita)
Yoshitaka Amano-designed characters will also appear in the game.
The game is set in a vast desert. It is said that a great power is sleeping within the desert, but the automaton combat weapons have killed all those who visit the desert.