Close to the Sun, the Unreal Engine 4-powered survival horror game from Italian developer Storm in a Teacup, will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Q1 2019, the studio announced.
First announced for PC at Gamescom 2017, Close to the Sun will appeaer at Gamescom 2018 in August where it will be showcased to select media at the Italian Trade Stand.
Here is an overview of the game, via Storm in a Teacup:
Close to the Sun casts players back to the height of Nikola Tesla’s career in the late 1890s, charging them with boarding a mysterious ship complex created by the man himself to bring the greatest minds of the world together in an alternative version of history.
Though his various scientific breakthroughs have, even at this early stage, had a major impact on the rest of the world, it quickly becomes apparent that something, somewhere on this ship has gone disastrously wrong, and history is not playing out as it should. Players take on the role of Rose, a young journalist searching for her sister in this first-person horror adventure, with Close to the Sun’s water-laden world offering no way of escape and no easy answers to the riddles aplenty therein.
- First-person horror adventure where survival is the order of the day.
- Problem solving in order to progress the story: Just what happened on board Tesla’s ship?
- Danger aplenty as Rose pieces together just what killed most on board despite having no real means to defend herself.
- Teamwork with a yet-to-be-revealed ally who helps Rose navigate her way through the ship’s Art Deco halls.
- Nerve inducing exploration – defenseless and weaponless, the keys to Rose’s survival are running, hiding, and quick thinking.