Activision and Treyarch have released a trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII‘s Zombies mode’s “Blood of the Dead” campaign, as well as announced a Mystery Box Edition of the game.
Here is an overview of Blood of the Dead, via Activision:
Relive the undead legacy with this reimagined fan-favorite Zombies experience.
“Blood of the Dead” takes the classic Zombies heroes — Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai – on a journey to a secret laboratory beneath the iconic Alcatraz Penitentiary. Encountering a familiar enemy Hell-bent on imprisoning them for all eternity, the Primis crew quickly realize that the future predicted by the Kronorium – the future they sough to secure – is now in serious jeopardy.
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII delivers the biggest Day 1 Zombies offering ever with three full experiences at launch: IX, Voyage of Despair, and Blood of the Dead. With an exciting new adventure and a brand-new cast of characters, Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII’s Zombies will feature the deep gameplay and Easter eggs that its fans have come to expect.
Activision also announced the Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII Mystery Box Edition, which is a limited edition, which includes the following:
- A copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII – Black Ops is back! Featuring gritty, grounded Multiplayer combat, the biggest Zombies offering ever with three full undead adventures at launch, and Blackout, where the universe of Black Ops comes to life in a massive battle royale experience.
- Collectible Zombies Mystery Box – Inspired by the in-game Zombies Mystery Box, this collectible box features an eerie skeleton exterior along with frightening sounds and lighting.
- Zombies Heroes FiGPiNS – Get the exclusive set of our new Zombies Heroes FiGPiNs featuring Scarlett Rhodes, Bruno Delacroix, Diego Necalli, and Stanton Shaw from Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII.
- 10th Anniversary Zombies Puzzle – This 1,000-piece puzzle features unique art celebrating 10 years of Treyarch Zombies history.
- Dark Horse Comics Zombies Issue #1 – This first issue of the Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII Zombies Dark Horse Comic comes with an exclusive cover only for the Mystery Box Edition. The comic series will unveil details about our Zombies Heroes’ backstories.
- Zombies Lithographs – These three collectible lithographs commemorate Voyage of Despair, IX, and Blood of the Dead, three Zombies Experiences in Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII.
- Popsocket – With its intimidating skull logo, this limited-edition Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII PopSocket is the perfect way to show off your Black Ops.
- Collectible SteelBook – Limited edition SteelBook game case featuring unique art.
- Limited Edition Specialist Icons – Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII reintroduces the fan-favorite Multiplayer Specialists, each with their own unique weapon, equipment, and icons. This set of collectible patches is inspired by each of the 10 Specialists’ in-game icons.
- Black Ops Pass – The Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII Black Ops Pass includes Classified, a bonus Zombies experience, available at launch, four additional all-new Zombies experiences, 12 Multiplayer maps, and four exclusive Blackout characters.
- Additional bonus content
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 12.
Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.