The first episode of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 14, and for Switch later this year, Telltale Games announced.
Starting June 8, users will be able to pre-order The Final Season for $19.99. All players who pre-order The Final Season will receive download access to each of the season’s four episodes as they become available. The following pre-order bonuses will be available:
- Users who pre-order on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will also receive immediate access to The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection, which includes the existing 19 episodes of the series.
- PC players who pre-order on Steam, GOG, GamersGate, or the Humble Store will receive 10 percent off the full retail price, and Windows 10 pre-orders through the Microsoft Store will unlock season one of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series.
Here is an overview of The Final Season, via Telltale Games:
Clementine, now a fierce and capable survivor, has reached the final chapter in her journey. After years on the road facing threats both living and dead, a secluded school might finally be her chance for a home. But protecting it will mean sacrifice. Clem must build a life and become a leader while still watching over AJ, an orphaned boy and the closest thing to family she has left. In this gripping, emotional final season, you will define your relationships, fight the undead, and determine how Clementine’s story ends.
- Emotional, Gut-Wrenching Story – See Clementine’s journey through to the end. As she builds a new life, you will have to grapple with new types of choices and live with the consequences as AJ looks on, learning from your every move.
- More Control, More Tension – A new over-the-shoulder camera system, greater freedom to explore detailed environments, and scenes with unscripted combat capture the fear of living in a world overrun by the undead and create the most engaging The Walking Dead game yet.
- Striking New Visual Style – The all-new Graphic Black art style rips the ink from the pages of the Eisner Award-winning comic book series and brings the world of The Walking Dead to life like never before. Supports 4K resolution and high dynamic range on compatible devices.
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season will be fully dubbed in French, German, Latin-American Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese. It will also be subtitled in French, German, Latin-American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Russian, and both traditional and simplified Chinese. Episode one voice packs and translations will be available for download on launch day.
Watch the debut trailer for The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – The Final Season below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.