Red Entertainment’s Naoki Morita, who drafted the story and directed the PS Vita “new world adventure” game Our World is Ended, has confirmed to have started work on a “New World Project 2.”
In a blog post, Morita said that the project will soon start at full-scale, and shared the following tidbits that have currently been decided:
- It is a completely new game.
- It is a novel-style adventure game (a new world adventure).
- The world view is the same as Our World is Ended (in other words, the real world).
- The story’s setting is [redacted]. Just like Our World is Ended, various places will appear in the place by their real names.
- While the setting and characters are completely new, there will be some things that sound like Our World is Ended-things in some respects.
- It is for consoles (probably PlayStation 4 and Switch; currently it is not planned for PS Vita).
- The theme is “youth,” with seven male and female characters appearing as the main cast. (Everyone may not have noticed, but Our World is Ended‘s theme was aslso youth.)
- The title will have the word “World” in it.
Further details were not announced.