Koei Tecmo has opened the official website for Dead or Alive 6, providing the first official information and screenshots of the newly announced fighting game sequel.
Get the details below.
◆ Dead or Alive 6
After a sinister incident in a village…
Kasumi, a successor of the legendary Mugen Tenshin ninja clan, abandoned her clan and became a “runaway ninja,” secretly living in a hermitage in a mountain village.
Meanwhile, Helena Douglas, president of the new DOATEC, is involved in an incident…
The sudden —– of an individual with special powers sent shivers down her spine…
And yet another….
A so-called genius chuckles at a mysterious light emitting an aura…
Behind a quiet time, a sinister plan is set in motion.
The passing days are about to be unduly overturned due to an open desire.
As Kasumi writes to her mother, her pen overflows with hesitation.
…It’s not over yet.
◆ About Dead or Alive
Fights in Dead or Alive are based on a triangle system: strikes beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes. When you land an attack of one type that beats another type, like landing a strike when an opponent tries to throw, that attack becomes a Hi Counter attack and does even more damage.
◆ New Systems
Break Gauge System
A special attack meter new to the series. Use the Break Gauge to execute new tactics such as Break Blow or a Break Hold.
A Break Blow is a special skill which has a powerful smash while parrying an enemy strike.
A Break Hold is the ultra hold which returns upper, middle, and lower attacks.
Fatal Rush is a powerful combo attack of up to four neatly animated punches and kicks making a first time player look like an expert.
◆ New Stages
These are special regions found in most stages that cause heavy damage when a fighter gets knocked into them. Danger Zones can range from basic walls to blockbuster explosions and careening cars. Some stages also have Danger Zones within the floors as well.
If a fighter is blown into the crowd, the spectators around the edge of the ring can push the fighter back in and will lose their balance and stagger. This creates an opening for the perfect chance to attack.
Stage objects such as boxes or jars are destructible. Earn extra damage by blowing opponents into them. Broken items do not regenerate, but you may want to break them before your opponent decides to use them on you.
The Kunoichi of Destiny
- Age: 19
- Birthday: February 23
- Blood type: AB
- Height / Weight: 158cm / 48kg
- Occupation: Runaway Ninja
- Favorite food: Strawberry Millefeuille
- Hobbies: Fortune Telling
- Fighting Style: Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu – Beautiful yet varied attacks executed at a high speed that few can guard against.
A successor of the legendary Mugen Tenshin ninja clan. After a certain incident, she abandoned her clan and became a “runaway ninja.” Unable to return to her village, she continues to live on the run with her life remaining a target.
- Age: 23
- Birthday: January 30
- Blood type: AB
- Height / Weight: 170cm / 49kg
- Occupation: Head of DOATEC
- Favorite food: Blanc Manger
- Hobbies: Walking her beloved pet dog
- Fighting Style: Pi Gua Quan – Helena excels at using the low ‘bokuho’ stance to smoothly evade her opponent’s attacks, before choosing the perfect moment to launch devastating counters.
The youthful leader of the enormous DOATEC conglomerate. Though the company was once involved in the development of terrifying biological weapons, Helena is seeking to start anew. Carrying out her father’s last wishes, and in pursuit of a sound mind, she announces the sixth Dead or Alive Tournament.
The Wind of the Heavens
- Age: 25
- Birthday: July 3
- Blood type: A
- Height / Weight: 180cm / 75kg
- Occupation: Ninja
- Favorite food: Sushi, Sukiyaki
- Hobbies: Quickdraw of the Sword, Zen Meditation
- Fighting Style: Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu – Worthy of the nickname “Shinobi of the Wind”, his moves are as quick and powerful as a strike of lightning.
Kasumi’s older brother and the 18th leader of the Mugen Tenshin ninja clan. Respected, with techniques fit for a clan leader.
The Ultimate Ninja
- Age: 25
- Birthday: June 15
- Blood type: A
- Height / Weight: 179cm / 78kg
- Occupation: Antique Shop Owner
- Favorite food: Sushi
- Hobbies: Mountain Climbing, Fishing
- Fighting Style: Hayabusa Style Ninjutsu – The awesome Izuna Drop, a powerful single blow attack that can be performed even from strikes or holds.
A super ninja of the ancient Hayabusa style of Ninjutsu. His strength has been recounted in numerous tales. A longtime friend of Hayate.
A Scorching Soul
- Age: 22
- Birthday: November 27
- Blood type: AB
- Height / Weight: 177cm / 75kg
- Occupation: Bouncer
- Favorite food: Hamburgers, Grapefruit
- Hobbies: Watching Action Movies
- Fighting Style: Jeet Kune Do – Excellent for exploiting walls and Danger Zones with his explosive knock-back strikes.
Master of Jeet Kune Do, nicknamed “Dragon.” He constantly seeks to test himself against the most fearsome opponents.
The Funky DJ
- Age: 27
- Birthday: April 3
- Blood type: O
- Height / Weight: 180cm / 78kg
- Occupation: DJ
- Favorite food: Ice Cream
- Hobbies: Billiards
- Fighting Style: Muay Thai (Self-Taught) – His unorthodox style of Muay Thai has become so unconventional that no one can predict what comes next.
Zack has incredible fighting instincts, and learned Muay Thai just by imitation. A funky DJ with a positive attitude and original sense of style.
…until now. A mature and cool side might peek through this time…?
Dead or Alive Colosseum
Main stage of the 6th Dead or Alive Tournament. The latest stage specialized for martial arts. Watch out for explosions when the ring ropes are touched!
A stage set in a back alley, surrounded by a steel fence and brick walls. It feels dangerous, but seems like a popular hangout spot.
Dead or Alive 6 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2019.
View the screenshots at the gallery.