Daemon X Machina is an accessible mech action game with destructible environments
Details on Marvelous' newly announced Switch title.
Here are the tidbits:
- Daemon X Machina is an Unreal Engine 4-based mech action game led by former Armored Core developer Kenichiro Tsukuda, who summarized the game as “Armored Core with destructible environments.”
- Players will be able to buy and carry a host of weapons, including laser swords and bazookas, as well as unlock new mechs, pick armor, and customize for durability, mobility, and more.
- “Orders” are mercenary missions that earn you money. The Orders you choose determines how the story progresses, as well as your allies.
- With destructible environments, even buildings can be made to collapse on top of enemies. Players can lift and throw cars, tear out sign posts and use them as swords, and pick up weapons dropped by fallen enemies. There may also be hidden items on top of buildings.
- “We deliberately made this easy to get into, but there is depth to the gameplay as well,” Tsukuda said.
- On multiplayer, Tsukuda said, “We’re thinking about ways for everyone to play together, but we’ll introduce exactly how we plan to do that at another time.”
- It is a full game that will launch at retailers.
Daemon X Machina is due out for Switch worldwide in 2019.
Save $3 with the coupon code "GEMATSU"