The open beta for Onrush will launch on May 17 at 6:00 a.m. PT / 9:00 a.m. ET / 2:00 p.m. BST and run until May 21 at 2:00 a.m. PT / 5:00 a.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. BST, Codemasters announced. Users who pre-order the game digitally on PlayStation 4 will get early access to the Onrush open beta starting May 15.
Here is an overview of the open beta, via Codemasters:
Open Beta Overview
The open beta will teach players the basics of Onrush, with an interactive tutorial, before throwing them straight into the action in either ‘Superstar Practice’, where they’ll be able to hone their skills against AI competitors, or multiplayer.
Superstar Practice can be enjoyed solo or with a group of friends in co-operative mode. When playing solo, players will be able to take advantage of Onrush’s incredible Photomode*. Simply pause the madness, snap away using our advanced editing tools and filtering, before sharing the images with the world.
Players will also be able to dominate The Stampede in multiplayer mode. Lock horns with rivals from around the globe in exclusive six-versus-six multiplayer events. Two beautiful yet deadly tracks, two game modes and 4 vehicle classes will become available throughout the beta with elements including night races and seasonal changes cycling throughout..
As players levels up through the beta, in both Superstar Practice and multiplayer, they can unlock stylish rewards for the final game in the form of Crashtags and Tombstones to drop and display when being wreaked or taking down rivals while in the heat of the action.
Tracks (both will feature a variety of weather conditions and different times of day)
- Big Dune Beach
- Crater Lake
- Firewall: RUSHing leaves a destructive trail of fire behind
- Crashbang: Your Tombstones are blinding when collected by opponents
- Tumbler: Earn RUSH directly from front and back flips
- Turbulence: RUSHing leaves a disruptive wake of turbulent air behind
- Touchdown: Timed boost landings are more effective
- Spiral: Earn RUSH directly from performing barrel rolls
- Rampage: Refill your RUSH gauge with every successful takedown
- Surge: Initial boost usage is more powerful but more costly
- Pinpoint: Earn RUSH directly from performing near misses
- Blockade: RUSHing drops a trail of blockades that slow your opponents down
- Shield: Give nearby teammates a shield that offers protection from big hits
- Impact: Earn RUSH directly from taking down opponents
Onrush is due out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on June 5.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.