Code of Princess EX will launch for Switch on August 2 in Japan for 4,000 yen at retail and 3,700 yen via download, publisher Pikii announced.
In North America, the game is currently slated for a summer release.
Here is an overview of the game, via North American publisher Nicalis:
Journeying back to an acclaimed cult hit, Code of Princess EX is an updated remake of the classic Nintendo 3DS “hack-and-slash” action game that features role-playing game (RPG) elements. This all-new EX version introduces higher-resolution art, a local (two-player) co-op option for the entire Campaign Mode and numerous other gameplay additions and enhancements including improved AI, updated balancing, a new character leveling-up system and overall better playability.
The story within Code of Princess EX follows Princess Solange of DeLuxia as she fights to restore order in a world where monsters are trying to overtake the human race. Armed with the legendary sword DeLuxcalibur, Solange assembles a team of talented fighters to join her quest. Together, they embark on an epic journey where they will confront the monster uprising and try to discover its secret origins.
- Action-packed “hack-and-slash” gameplay featuring customizable RPG elements.
- Players can freely move between three different planes of action during combat, with some projectile attacks able to travel between planes.
- Various fighting combos, lock-on and burst systems increase the damage dealt to enemies.
- Over 50 different characters are playable throughout multiple game modes, including Campaign, Free Play and Bonus Quests.
- RPG stats let players decide how their characters will develop and proceed through the journey.
- Cooperative and competitive local/online multiplayer modes include leaderboards and let players track their coveted “Princess Points.”
- Created by former members of the original Guardian Heroesdevelopment team.
- Characters and worlds created by legendary Capcom artist Kinu Nishimura, with art contributions from Street Fighter artist Bengus.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.