BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle will launch for PlayStation 4 and Switch in Europe on June 22, publisher PQube announced.
Developer Arc System Works previously announced that it will publish the game for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC on May 31 in Japan and Asia, and June 5 in North America.
In Europe, an online open beta will be available on PlayStation 4 from May 18 to 20, and feature the 20 playable characters from the base roster. An offline demo with four playable characters will follow on May 21.
Here is an overview of the game, via PQube:
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, from legendary fighting game creators Arc System Works, sees multiple anime fighting series collide, as favourite characters from BlazBlue, Under Night In-Birth, Persona 4 Arena, and RWBY clash for the very first time.
To completely refresh the experience for long-time BlazBlue, Under Night In-Birth, and Persona 4 Arena players – BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle introduces completely fresh mechanics and controls – keeping an experience that is still deep and strategic, while offering more accessibility to new players.
Designed from the ground up to create an exciting 2vs2 fighter – BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle once again delivers a hyper-fast 2D fighting experience, boasting incredible visuals, animation and effects with the quality and ferocity that have earned Arc System Works a reputation as the finest fighting game craftsmen in the world.
- Key Features
The ultimate Anime Fighter Cross-Over – Pick freely from characters from BlazBlue, Under Night In-Birth, Persona 4 Arena, and RWBY.
- Real-time tag team action – Chose your favourite fighting duo – and then swap between them mid-battle to discover new strategies and combos.
- Simple but deep controls – Controls that are easy enough for new players, with no complex inputs – but with sophisticated mechanics to satisfy even the most hardened fighting game veterans.
- All new Story Mode – Experience an all new story which brings together, for the first time, your favorite characters from BlazBlue, Under Night In-Birth, Persona 4 Arena, and RWBY.
- Incredible online experience – Arc System Work bring their years of experience to bear on stable and slick online experience – allowing you to battle the best in the world with confidence.
- From Zero to Hero in no time – Once again, Arc System Works provide new players with one of their trademark tutorial experiences, letting you get to grips with gameplay mechanics with ease!