Publisher I-Play released a localized English version of the smartphone version of Nippon Ichi Software horror visual novel Shin Hayarigami in early March. It is available for iOS via the App Store and Android via Google Play.
In Japan, the visual novel was first released for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in 2014. The smartphone version launched in December 2017.
We are reporting on this now as we were previously unaware of the game’s English release, which seems to have flown under the radar.
Here is an (edited) overview of the game, via its store pages:
“Truth is invisible.”
Go on the most terrifying adventure with the famous horror series Shin Hayarigami: The Blind Man. Be ready. Because this story will make you shiver…
- Shin Hayarigami: The Blind Man is a narrative masterpiece that will seriously creep you out.
- The story will bring out your biggest fears and shake you to the ground.
- Test your detective skills and shed light on the most terrifying murder case.
How to Play
- Shin Hayarigami: The Blind Man is a light novel horror game. Follow the story, listen, and watch carefully. Pay attention to every single detail that can help you solve the case and uncover the mystery of the Urban Legend of the Blind Man.
- From time to time you will have multiple choice questions. Your answers will define the future of the story and will affect the whole investigation. Think carefully before you choose an answer. Don’t get trapped.
- Use all your detective skills that can help you find all the crucial clues. Will you be able to overcome your fear and find the truth?
- Use your brain and logic to solve the case. Don’t let your feelings and emotions get in the way.
- Shin Hayarigami: The Blind Man is more than just a story. It is part of breathtaking series of light horror novels. While playing this game you will discover thrilling and terrifying stories through fear and horror. Be ready to shiver!
- You will be fascinated by the story. While in real world, be prepared to crumble in fear as you hear the murderer whispering in your ear: “Give me your eyes…”
- Urban Legend: The Blind Man—the story is so disturbing and fascinating at the same time. This will be so scary, even for you!
An unprecedented murder happened in isolated village C in S prefecture. A body was found with its eyes carved out. “I have some information on the murder case that happened in village C in S prefecture.”
Because he spoke about former university professor Takeshi Sekimoto, who has been tried at the Tokyo district court to have information on this incident, he was transferred to a detention center of village C department in a special case.
The person responsible for Sekimoto will be in charge of the special police section (common called the “special chapter”), which is the window side department in the station to which hero Hojyo Saki belongs. Sekimoto confirmed the case material at the time confidently.
This case is the work of urban legend monster, “Blind Man.”
With Shin Hayarigami: The Blind Man, start a journey in a terrific horror game that will shake you to the ground, follow the footstep of the Urban Legend the Blind Man, and crack this scary case and bring back peace to the city. Dive deep in this scary atmosphere tainted with suspense and a fear and be ready to shiver. But be careful to not get trapped in your feelings or you may be the next victim!
Watch a trailer below.