KORG and Detune will release music production studio software KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop on April 26 for $48, the companies announced.
Here is an overview of the game, via KORG:
Play Games. Make Music. A Music Creation Studio That Feels Like a Game.
Award-winning music creation software KORG Gadget is now available for the Nintendo Switch. Plentiful instrumental gadgets combined with a simple and intuitive graphical interface enable speedy music creation. With this new music creation studio, one can create and perform music by actively twisting and turning the Joy-Con.
There is also a multiplayer mode in which up to four people can collaborate in making music. Connect via an HDMI cable to enjoy playing on the TV in your living room, or use it with a projector for big live performances. Everyone can enjoy this new game-like DAW experience.
- Employs the intuitive KORG Gadget user interface – The KORG Gadget‘s most amazing feature is the intuitive music creation workflow, enabled by the KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch user interface. Sound, Phrase, Sequence, and Mix are contained in an intuitive layout, and allow for seamless music creation. Also, it can also be set to “scale mode” to match the song. Even those who are unaccustomed to synthesizers are able to enjoy creating songs.
- 16 unique synthesizer and drum machine gadgets – The KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch includes 16 gadget instruments required for music creation. In addition to numerous unique synthesizers, ready-to-use drum machines and Kamata jointly developed with Bandai Namco Studio are all included. All gadgets have sophisticated adjustable parameters for rapidly producing all manner of sounds. You will find inspiring sounds quickly and easily.
- Actively create and perform by operating the Joy-Con – Joy-Con sensors allow for enjoyable creation and performance of HD effects. For example , turn the Joy-Con to turn the knob on a gadget, or twist to enter or play the notes of a scale that matches the song. In both cases, HD vibration matching the movement is transmitted to the hand, so you can experience sensory feedback that has never been available in software before. In addition, it is also possible to perform and input using the Joy-Con buttons and sticks. Try challenging yourself in various ways.
- Multiplayer mode allows for collaboration by up to four people – We’ve added a multiplayer mode that allows up to four people to collaborate on a song. This new style allows four people to play simultaneously on a screen divided into four parts. Each player can be responsible for his or her own part, or you can make it a DAW competition – perhaps erase or add the notes of another player, and turn music creation into a game!
- The Living room, mobile: Play wherever you’d like – Using the Nintendo Switch dock’s HDMI cable, the KORG Gadget can be played on your TV. You can create a song on the big screen, or enjoy collaborating with up to four people. Also, by outputting to a screen, you can even using the Joy-Con for a live performance. Create music with this studio anytime, anywhere by choosing between TV Mode, Table Mode, Mobile Mode, etc.
Watch a set of gameplay videos below. Visit the game’s official website here.