Square Enix has announced its lineup for PAX East 2018, which will run from April 5 to 8 in Boston.
Fans who visit the Square Enix booth can obtain special prizes and play current and upcoming titles from the company.
The first-ever North American Final Fantasy Trading Card Game Crystal Cup tournament will also be held at the Westin Boston Waterfront’s Commonwealth Ballroom on April 6 and 7. Players who pre-register for the tournament will be able to compete for a seat at this year’s North American Championship. New players can also visit the Square Enix booth at PAX East 2018 for lessons, while veteran players can participate in Sealed Format events and Gunslinger Challenges to earn a promo card.
Other fan activities at the booth include:
- The Final Fantasy XIV Byakko Battle Challenge, where fans can challenge Byakko to win an “I Beat Byakko” t-shirt
- A photo opportunity featuring backgrounds from Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia and NieR: Automata
- Daily giveaways, including:
- Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia button pins
- Final Fantasy XIV Online foam samurai swords
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition limited edition t-shirt
Here are Square Enix’s planned panels:
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition: Making it Yours
Friday, April 6, 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, released on March 6, 2018, features mod support for expanded playability. Join Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Manager Shigefumi Tanaka and Global Brand Manager Raio Mitsuno as they offer a glimpse into new ways to further enjoy the game.
Final Fantasy XIV Online
Saturday, April 7, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
Join special guests Natsuko Ishikawa (Main Scenario Writer) and John Crow (English Localization Lead) from the Final Fantasy XIV Online team as they discuss the writing and story of Stormblood.
Saturday, April 7, 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
Reminisce on a 2017 fan favorite as panelists Yoko Taro (Director), Yosuke Saito (Producer) and Keiichi Okabe (Composer) celebrate the one-year anniversary of the critically-acclaimed NieR: Automata. Those who attend the panel will receive limited NieR: Automata branded pins.
The following titles will be playable at the Square Enix booth:
- Chocobo’s Crystal Hunt (Card Game)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia (iOS, Android)
- Final Fantasy Trading Card Game (Card Game)
- Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS4, PC, Mac)
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (iOS, Android)
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition (PC)
- Gravel (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4, Xbox One, OC)
- Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- NieR: Automata (PS4, PC)