Aksys Games has announced its “Summer of Mystery,” which consists of three PS Vita otome visual novel games launching in April, May, and June in North America, respectively.
Here is an overview of each title:
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
Release Date: April 27
Aksys Games is proud to announce that the surreal world of Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly will envelop North America on April 27, 2018 physically and digitally for the PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. The game will also be released in both formats in the EU Spring 2018. From the masters of the genre, Idea Factory and Otomate, is companions on a quest to recover their lost memories. Combining elegant artwork, stunning romances, and a mysterious setting, the story begins with a young woman waking up mansion with no recollection of how she got there. Adding to her confusion, she can no longer remember her name or past. However, before she can come to grips with her predicament, she is suddenly attacked by a grotesque monster and is forced to run for her life.
- Choose Your Destiny – Follow the black butterflies as your choices unlock numerous story paths, a mansion full of intriguing characters, and a multitude of surprising endings.
- Fantastical Artwork – Bright, psychedelic colors contrast with dark, muted tones, creating a surreal and highly unique atmosphere.
- Hunt the Black Butterflies – Defeat the black butterflies with the help of your trusty sidearm to unlock special story segments.
- An Unforgettable Adventure – A hauntingly beautiful, suspense-filled love story from Otomate (Idea Factory), makers of the finest visual novel/romance simulation adventures.
Release Date: May 25
Aksys Games is proud to announce the moonlit wonder of 7’scarlet coming to mystify North America on May 25, 2018. Developed by Idea Factory and Toy box Inc, 7’scarlet is a beautifully interwoven story of suspense, romance, and mystery. Take on the role of a brave young woman journeying into the unknown to uncover dangerous truths and locate her missing brother. The remote town of Okune-zato is shaped like crescent moon and shrouded in dark myths and legends. Following the disappearance of her brother, the protagonist ventures to Okune-zato with her childhood friend. They find the area rife with mystery and populated by intriguing characters, each harboring their own hidden motivations. Encounter heart-racing twists and turns as you dig deeper into the story.
- Choose your Fate – Explore multiple character paths and change the course of the story! play through the game multiple times to uncover the entire tale.
- Experience stunning artwork – Witness this colorful story coming to life with beautiful character illustrations and dynamic background effects.
- Unravel the Enigma – Use your detective skills to question the eclectic members of the “Mystery Club” and solve this challenging interactive puzzle.
- Play the Best – Experience a crime-solving mystery from famed developer Otomate (Idea Factory), makers of the finest visual novel/romance simulation adventures.
Psychedelica of The Ashen Hawk
Release Date: June 29
Aksys Games is proud to announce Psychedelic of the Ashen Hawk will swoop down on North America on June 29, 2018 exclusively for the PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. From the masters of the genre, Idea Factory and Otomate, Psychedelic of the Ashen Hawk is a suspense-filled tale of a young woman who was born with an eye that gleams with a scarlet light. In order to avoid being cast out, she masquerades as a young boy and lives in a derelict tower on the outskirts of town. One day a mysterious treasuries stolen from the city church. Our heroine learns that not only do magic stones exist and are hidden within the city, but also the secret of her origins.
- Map Your Progress – Unlock side stories and entertaining vignettes as you progress through the main scenario and learn more about the heroine, heroes, and villains that drive the narrative forward.
- Go with the Flow – Keep track of the ebb and flow of the story as well as the various story paths with an interactive flowchart that allows you to go back and make alternate conversation choices.
- Choose your DOOM – with a number of alternate endings and story paths, take control of the future. Will you find true happiness and romance, or will Fate cast you into a pit of despair?
- Play the Beast – A hauntingly beautiful, suspense-filled love story from Otomate (Idea Factory), makers of the finest interactive fiction adventure.
Each game will include character cards inside the package, and users who purchase all three titles can get an exclusive set of collector pins. Only 1,000 sets of the collector pins will be made, and are available on a first come, first served basis to United States residents by July 31. A small shipping and handling charge will also be applied.