Gintama Rumble and the PlayStation 4 version of Death Mark highlight this week’s game releases in Japan.
Originally code-named Gintama: Project Last Game, Gintama Rumble is a “samurai rumble action” game with 12 playable characters, 13 assist characters, and nine boss characters. It offers a variety of modes including a story mode featuring various arcs, a free battle mode that lets you enjoy completed story parts with any character, and an original story that revolves around 12 orbs.
Death Mark originally launched for PS Vita in Japan in June 2017. The PlayStation 4 version will add a new episode called “Urban Legend: Little Red Riding Hood of the Rain,” which has the same volume as a chapter from the main story. In the “Spirit Spots” and event CGs that make up the setting of this story, new “monsters” will appear. A “traces” system has also been added. A Switch version, which is due out later, will have the same additions. Users who own the PS Vita version will also be able to download the new episode for free between January 18 to February 1. After that, it will cost 1,000 yen.
Get the full list of this week’s Japanese game releases below. It should be noted that Gematsu will receive a small percentage of money from purchases made through Play-Asia links. You can also save $3 using our “GEMATSU” coupon code.
- ACA NEOGEO: Power Spikes II (Switch) – Digital-only.
- ATV Drift & Tricks (PS4) – Already available in the west.
- Battleminerz (3DS) – Digital-only. Already available in the west.
- Death Mark (PS4)
- Ephemeral: Fantasy on Dark (PS Vita)
- Gintama Rumble (PS4, PS Vita)
- Heroes of the Monkey Tavern (Switch) – Digital-only. Already available in the west.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) – Already available in the west.
- Mercenaries Saga Chronicles (Switch) – Digital-only.
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4) – Also launching in the west.
- Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (Best Price Version) (PS4) – Already available in the west.
- World to the West (Switch) – Digital-only. Also launching in the west.