Take-Two Interactive has announced the formation of Private Division, a new publishing label headquartered in New York and dedicated to bringing titles from top independent developers to market.
Described as a developer-focused publisher, Private Division “empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale.”
Private Division will publish several titles, including:
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey from Panache Digital Games, a studio led by the creator of the Assassin’s Creed franchise Patrice Desilets
- Project Wright, an unannounced RPG from The Outsiders, a studio founded by ex-DICE developers David Goldfard and Ben Cousins
- An unannounced RPG from Obsidian Entertainment, led by Tim Cain and Leon Boyarsky, co-creators of Fallout
- An unannounced sci-fi first-person shooter from V1 Interactive, a studio founded by Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto
- Kerbal Space Program, which Take-Two acquired in May 2017
Excluding the Kerbal Space Program: Making History expansion, there are no titles from Private Division planned for release during Take-Two’s fiscal years ending March 31, 2018 and 2019.
Watch a publisher introduction video below. Visit the company’s official website here.