Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs, a Kickstarted Japan-inspired tactical RPG first launched for PC in May, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in Q1 2018 as Regalia: Royal Edition, developer Pixelated Milk announced.
The Royal Edition is an enhanced version of the game that contains all additional game content, including an endless mode and new characters.
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs is an RPG full of challenging combat and exciting adventures. Create your party of distinct individuals and get to work! There’s a lot to be done if you are to rebuild your kingdom.
Enjoy the beautiful hand-drawn graphics, lose yourself in the original orchestral soundtrack composed by Game Audio Factory (of Furi and the Endless series fame), and go adventuring in the untamed regions of the land of Ascalia!
Your story begins in somewhat unexpected circumstances. Who would have thought that after your father passed away you would inherit… a wondrous kingdom far, far away? Unfortunately as soon as you arrive in Ascalia you find out the kingdom is drowning in terrible debt. Now, through some good old fashioned adventuring, you have to return your family seat to its former glory, help out your new subjects, and repay the kingdom’s massive debt!
Regalia: Of Men And Monarchs is a brand new RPG and a Kickstarter success. It was funded by gamers who, just like us, believe that we need to have more good tactical role-playing games. In the end, it was made to be everything we ourselves want from an honest RPG game.
So, will you defeat all the rats, bandits, monsters, and debt collectors? Or will your ruined kingdom fall into an even worse ruin? If you don’t succeed it will be the world’s first ruined ruin. And that’s just the worst.
- Key Features
Robust turn-based battles with varied objectives and lots of viable strategies
- 6 various regions to explore, each filled with battles, adventures, bosses and more!
- More than 20 unique characters to meet, recruit or befriend. Foster relationships and create the ultimate team of misfits!
- All you need to be a successful king: town management, diplomacy, expeditions
- A light-hearted story with tons of humour and a fair amount of epicness
- Over 30 hours of gameplay
- Huge replayability factor: you won’t discover all the content in just one playthrough
- Craft new, powerful weapons
- Beautiful graphics with hand-drawn 2D backgrounds
- Orchestral soundtrack composed by Game Audio Factory (Endless Legend, Endless Space, Furi)
- Professional English voice acting
- Samurai dwarves!
Watch the console announcement trailer below.