Bandai Namco has released a new set of screenshots from Soulcalibur VI featuring playable characters Mitsurugi Heishiro and Sophitia Alexandra, and several outlets have gone up with new gameplay videos.
Here is an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
Sharpen your swords, put on your armor, and get ready to fight. Soulcalibur, the game that defined weapon-based 3D fighting games, is back!
Two decades after its first iteration, Soulcalibur VI returns to its roots while bringing brand-new gameplay features to the fight. Travel through the signature 16th century stages and experience the struggle for the two legendary swords using a complete roster of returning Soulcalibur characters, along with some newcomers!
Soulcalibur has never looked more dynamic or dramatic, intensified with eye-popping graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Dynamic fights enhanced by cinematic-styled combat.
- State of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- An epic story mode of the struggle for the two swords.
- A complete roster of returning characters and newcomers.
Revamped Gameplay Mechanics for the Intense Showdowns
- The Supreme Defense: Reversal Edge – Read the opponent’s move and deliver a counterattack while guarding, and take control of the battle by quickly proceeding into derivative moves.
- The Supreme Attack: Critical Edge – A trademark of each character capable of delivering damage to his opponent.
- A Chance to Turn the Tables: Soul Charge – A temporary power-up taking place after pushing away the opponent with a shockwave.
- Proof of Proficiency: Lethal Hit – A special effect which destroys your opponent’s equipment parts when fulfilling set conditions of a move.
Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in 2018.
Watch the gameplay videos below. View the screenshots at the gallery.