Following its announcement at The Game Awards 2017 last night, Bandai Namco has released the first details and screenshots of Soulcalibur VI.
Get the information below.
■ Fact Sheet
History hides away more than one truth…
Soulcalibur VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original Soulcalibur to uncover hidden truths. The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world, with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. Soulcalibur VI tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can execute visceral and dynamic attacks with ease. Soulcalibur VI marks a new era of the historic franchise and its legendary struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!
- Unreal Engine – For the first time in franchise history, beautiful and jaw-dropping 3D character models, visual effects and stages rendered in Unreal Engine.
- New Battle Mechanics – Read opponents’ attacks to execute a strategic Reversal Edge to land a counter attack while in guard.
- Multiple Fighting Styles – Choose from a worldly roster of warriors, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and
visual fl are.
- Dynamic Battles – Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring all-new battle mechanics taking gameplay to the next level.
- Gender: Male
- Origin: Bizen, Japan
- Height: 173cm
- Weight: 71kg
- Birthday: June 8
- Blood Type: AB
- Weapon: Japanese Sword
- Weapon Name: Shishi-Oh
- Fighting Style: Shin Tenpu-Kosai-Ryu Kai
- Gender: Female
- Origin: Athens, Ottoman Empire
- Height: 169cm
- Weight: Unknown
- Birthday: March 12
- Blood Type: B
- Weapon: Short Sword and Small Shield
- Weapon Name: Omega Sword & Elk Shield
- Fighting Style: Athenian Style
- Relationships: Achelous (Father), Nike (Mother), Cassandra (Younger Sister), and Lucius (Younger Brother)
■ New System: Reversal Edge
In Soulcalibur VI, “Reversal Edge” is a new battle system that integrates both offense and defense. Once a Reversal Edge is activated, you can continuously defend against the opponent’s techniques to clash against each other and follow-up with powerful counterattacks based on the opponent’s actions. When a Reversal Edge hits, you can enjoy a powerful production like a scene from an action movie highlighted by a dynamic camera.
Soulcalibur VI is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam in 2018.
View the screenshots at the gallery.