The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Cube Creator X for Switch from Big John Games and Arc System Works. It will launch on April 26, 2018 in Japan.
The latest entry in the sandbox game series, which incorporates RPG elements, is set in a world made up entirely of cubes, and offers various play styles to enjoy, including building construction, world exploration, monster battling, and more. The magazine describes it as a “significant evolution” from previous entries.
Update 11:45 a.m.: Here are a few additional details:
- The game will support both local and internet multiplayer.
- Cube types can be registered in part units.
- In the stage builder, you can choose the form of the stage.
- Weather will change.
- You can raise pets.
- The concept of “heat” has been added. For example, a wood cube will burn and become charcoal.
- You can create your avatar design yourself.