The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals the new Nippon Ichi Software title teased earlier this week to be Anata no Shikihime Kyoudoutan (Your Four Knight Princesses Training Story), a new action RPG due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PS Vita in Japan on January 25, 2018. It will cost 6,980 yen on PlayStation 4 and Switch, and 5,980 yen on PS Vita. First-print copies will include a soundtrack featuring a selection of background music from the game.
Development is being handled by the staff behind Penny-Punching Princess. Character design is being handled by The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 character designer Madoka Hanashiro.
The game puts players in the role of a knight who teaches and guides four princesses. It is described as a princess-raising strategy action game where players communicate with the princesses while leading soldiers into battle.
A different story will develop for each of the four princesses:
- Veronica (voiced by Hiromi Igarashi) – A young genius witch who leads the Black Magic Guild. She is plotting to seize the world with fear due to her own selfishness.
- Liliati (voiced by Ayane Sakura) – A princess who serves as the kingdom’s head knight. She has a bright and positive personality, and loves her people.
- Monmaria (voiced by Rarisa Takeda Tago) – A fallen noble of the Noble Business Alliance, and the princess of the Eudalia family. She manages to survive through her vassal and mercenary family business.
- Alpana (voiced by Yuuki Kuwahara) – The princess of the Dragon People, and founder of the “Daikamara Faith.” She is a philanthropist aiming for the coexistence of all races.
Here are details on the game’s growth and battle systems:
- Growth System – The player will guide the four princesses during conversations, battles, etc. There are two ways to guide the princesses—“praise” and “scold”—and the appropriate guidance will stimulate the princess’ growth and temporarily increase their stats.
- Battle System – In battle, the player will control the protagonist and princesses, and attack the enemy with actions. Additionally, the protagonist will lead soldiers as a “commander” by giving them instructions.
Development is currently 70 percent complete.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.
Update 11:10 p.m. View the first screenshots of the game here.