The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has new details on Koei Tecmo’s upcoming Attack on Titan 2 game.
Here are the tidbits:
- There are over 30 playable characters. In addition to Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and Levi, they’re introducing Mike Zacharias, Nanaba, and Gelgar this week. Unexpected characters are also planned. As a matter of convenience, you can’t use any character you want whenever you want in Story Mode.
- The story has been significantly upgraded in volume and is based on until Season 2 of the Attack on Titan television anime. There will not be an original story or any changes to the story. Original developments from the author of Attack on Titan are being prepared.
- For daily parts, side stories are being developed that enable players to deepen their relationships with other characters and see those characters’ true selves.
- A monocular can be used to search for the enemy.
- There will be online co-op.
- Koei Tecmo will share the latest information about Attack on Titan 2 during a live stream with producer Hisashi Koinuma on October 24.
Attack on Titan 2 will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in early 2018. In Japan, a PS Vita version will also be released and the Xbox One version will not be released.