DrinkBox Studios announced Guacamelee! 2 for PlayStation 4 during the PlayStation Media Showcase at Paris Games Week 2017 pre-show. It will launch “soon-ish.”
Here’s an overview of the game, via DrinkBox Studios:
Guacamelee! 2 picks up seven years after the original story. Juan Aguacate is living a happy life with his family, when his friend and trainer Uay Chivo discovers a new evil menace that threatens to destroy not only Mexico, but time and space itself.
- Eagle Boost – A hooking mechanic that allows Juan to attach and fly through “boost points” in the environment.
- Super Chicken! –A unique set of abilities for the chicken form, giving the player more varied and interesting chicken gameplay
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Take on enemies as a group or solo.
- New Environmental Mechanics – Throughout the course of the game players will encounter many new mechanics to complement both platforming and combat.
- Visual Enhancements – A redesigned lighting system to take more advantage of the power of the PS4. Guacamelee! 2’s visuals are a big step above those of the original game on PS4, and are enhanced further to include 4K and HDR support when played on the PS4 Pro.