Independent games publisher Ukuza will publish Macrales Studio and Shibuya Productions’ four-player physics platformer Epic Loon for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in Q1 2018, the company announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Uzuka:
At its heart, Epic Loon is a tribute to classic sci-fi and horror movies, with a plot that will take players through several familiar but unique iterations of famous films. They will do so as a cast of aliens hellbent on revenge for being awakened in the seemingly otherworldly VHS-cleaning tape they called home by “Joe,” the couch potato who has dared to disturb them from their slumber. Vampires, dinosaurs, aliens and more await players at every turn as they take over Joe’s famously large collection of movies. They will be able to play in co-op story mode, as well as “Battle Mode,” a race-style version of the game.
- A retro couch party game experience.
- A tribute to the beloved movies of the 80-90’s : Godzilla, Nosferatu, Jurrasic Park, Alien… You’ll play in parodies of famous movies of the 80-90’s, in scenes that it’s possible to recognize if you’re a movie fan.
- A user friendly gameplay, simple to learn but with a real challenge for every type of players thanks to the different games mode : Story, Speedrun, Hardcore and Battle.
- More than 350 levels to master.
- An original soundtrack composed by the famous Rococo core band, Pryapisme.
Watch a set of trailers below. View a set of screenshots at the gallery.