Monster Hunter: World will launch worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 26, 2018, Capcom announced at the 2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan. In Japan, the game will only be available for PlayStation 4. A PC release will follow at a later date.
Pre-orders, both at participating retailers and digitally, will receive the following bonuses:
- Origin Set Armor and the Fair Wind Charm Talisman, which offer improved starting defense and offense stat boosts for the hunter as well as a useful gathering skill. (These may be made available through alternative means at a later date.)
- PlayStation Store Pre-Orders Only: PlayStation 4 custom theme
A $69.99 Digital Deluxe Edition will include the following:
- A digital copy of the game
- Additional customizable options that can be used in-game: a Samurai Set skin, three gestures, two sticker sets, plus an extra face paint and hair style option for the hunter.
- PS4 Version-Only: 14 weapon-themed PSN avatars.
- The contents for the Digital Deluxe Edition will also be available for purchase separately on January 26.
A $149.99 Collector’s Edition will include the following:
- A physical copy of the game
- Voucher for the additional customizable options from the Digital Deluxe Edition (a Samurai Set skin, three gestures, two sticker sets, plus an extra face paint and hair style option for the hunter)
- 32-page hardcover art book
- High-quality flagship monster statue
- Digital soundtrack code
In Japan, a “Liolaeus Edition” PlayStation 4 Pro will be released on December 7 for 49,980 yen. It will include an original design PlayStation 4 Pro with a one terabyte hard drive, original design DualShock 4 controller, digital copy of Monster Hunter: World (which will not be available to play until January 26), PlayStation 4 original theme, two months of PlayStation Plus, and a special box.
Watch a new trailer below. View images of the pre-order bonuses and special editions at the gallery.