Imagineer has opened the official website for its recently announced Medabots Classics for 3DS.
Due out on December 21 in Japan in Kabuto and Kuwagata versions, the collection includes the respective versions of the following five titles:
- Medabots (Game Boy, 1997)
- Medabots 2 (Game Boy Color, 1999)
- Medabots 3 (Game Boy Color, 2000)
- Medabots 4 (Game Boy Color, 2001)
- Medabots 5: Susutake Mura no Tenkousei (Game Boy Color, 2001)
Each version will cost 4,800 yen.
A 12,000 yen “20th Anniversary Edition” will also be released.
In total, it will include:
- Medabots Classics: Kabuto Version
- Medabots Classics: Kuwagata Version
- 20th Anniversary Box (Special Packaging)
- Soundtrack – A 30-track, best-of album containing title and Robattle music from all five titles.
- Ultimate Character Book – A 160-page book containing a considerable number of previously unseen artworks from all five games, including illustrations of all 520 Medabots.
In addition to the five classic Medabots games, Medabots Classics will offer the following new features:
- Save and Load Anytime – Save right before a Robattle to try it again. No longer should you worry about being defeated and losing your parts.
- Wireless Multiplayer – Local wireless battles have been implemented for each game. Parts trading is also supported.
- Robattle Skip and Speed Feature – Skip Robattles against small fry enemies or against enemies you cannot defeat. However, while you can earn experience points, your Medal proficiency will not raise, so you cannot use this feature too often. You can also increase the speed of the game.
- Medabot Album – A Medabot Album featuring the parts you obtained in the main story of each game has been added. The full graphic for a Medabot will be unlocked after you obtain all four of its parts.
- Play a New Game with All of the Parts You Obtained – After clearing the main story of a game, you can start a new game with all of the parts you obtained. It may even be possible to use the phantom parts that cannot be obtained in the main story.
View set of screenshots at the gallery.