The latest issues of Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation have interviews with Falcom president and CEO Toshihiro Kondo commemorating the launch of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III in Japan this week.
Here are the tidbits:
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is Falcom’s first title developed for PlayStation 4. It was without a doubt Kondo’s greatest effort in the 20 years he has been making games.
- Programming for PlayStation 4 was easier than programming for PlayStation 3, but putting in enough resources to surpass PlayStation 3 was difficult.
- (Regarding rumors of the Trails of Cold Steel series coming out on PlayStation 4) While Kondo has nothing organized to announce, there are many requests from all around, and he also wants to be able to play the Trails of Cold Steel series on PlayStation 4. He says to please look forward to a follow-up report.
- A version 1.01 update of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III will be released on day one. Here’s what it does:
- Improves battle tempo.
- Balance adjustments for boss battles for each level of difficulty.
- Significant difficulty adjustments for Divine Knight Battles.
- Some Craft and Brave Order performance adjustments.
- Event production adjustments and improvements.
- Addition of some tutorials and improvements.
- Addition of some event markers.
- Typo and bug fixes.
- At the end of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, the series as a whole will be a little over 60 percent complete. Elements that hint at the future of the series, such as sub-quests and casual conversations with the characters that appear, are strewn around the game.
- The story of the Trails series will continue. Kondo thinks that he will be able to share various information about future developments in the series in the near future.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 28 in Japan.