Falcom has updated the official website for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III with information and screenshots of the game’s “Vantage Masters” and “Fishing” mini-games.
Get the details below.
■ Vantage Masters Mini-Game
During the story, you will obtain a deck of cards for the competitive card game “Vantage Masters,” which you can use to battle characters in the game.
What is Vantage Masters?
Vantage Masters is a competitive card game where players draw cards from their deck to add to their hand each turn, and use attacks and skills to defeat the enemy’s “Master Card.”
- Choose a deck to battle with.
- Flip a coin to see who goes first and who goes second. The battle begins by choosing the initial hand.
- Consume Mana (points), which recover each turn, summon Natiel Cards from your hand, activate Magic Cards, and attack the enemy’s cards.
- Reduce the enemy Master Card’s HP to zero in the end to win.
The player’s “Master” card, placed on the field at the beginning of the game. When this card’s HP is reduced to zero, the player is defeated.
By summoning these cards to the field, you can attack your opponent. Each card has its merits based on its type (Earth, Water, Fire, or Heaven), and there are also Natial Cards with special abilities and those that can attack cards in the back row.
Cards that can cause various effects on the field by consuming Mana.
Win Battles to Get New Cards
Since at first you will only have a starter deck, the types of cards that can be incorporated into the deck are limited, but by winning battles, you can get new cards from opponents.
Depending on the opponent, there are situations where you can get powerful Master Cards and Natial that have special skills.
Also, outside of the card game, you can buy cards at the Thors Military Academy Reaves II Branch bookstore.
■ Fishing System
The series’ familiar “fishing” mini-game, where you can fish at “fishing points” you find in dungeons, towns, on the road, and in places all over, has been completely rebuilt.
With one button actions by means of hook judgment and line reeling, you can enjoy a more carefree and comfortable fishing experience.
- Press the Circle button at a discovered “fishing point” to automatically cast your line.
- When the reverse rotating outer ring falls in line with the hook, press the Circle button to get a HIT on the fish.
- The mini-game will then switch over to the HIT screen. Long-press Circle to reel in the fishing line.
- By reeling in as far the left edge of the gauge, you’ll successfully catch the fish. The fish you catch is registered, and as a bonus, you can obtain any items the fish may spit up.
Buy Fishing Gear and Upgrade Your Rod Performance
At the shop, you can upgrade the performance of your rod and buy various fishing gear.
Since you can extend your rod’s maximum line tension, slow down the speed of the rotating ring, you can take on bigger game with higher difficulty by upgrading your rod.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 28 in Japan.
View the screenshots at the gallery.