Sega has announced Yakuza: Kiwami 2 for PlayStation 4. It will launch in Japan on December 7 at 7,590 yen for the standard edition and 11,590 yen for the limited edition.
The game, a remake of Yakuza 2, is built in the Dragon Engine used by Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, and features an additional “Truth of Majima Goro” scenario in which Majima Goro is playable, a large number of never before told stories, and completely new voice actor castings, including Hakuryu as Ryo Takashima, Susumu Terajima as Jiro Kawara, Houka Kinoshita as Wataru Kurahashi, and Yuichi Kimura as Tsutomu Bessho. Japanese alternative metal band SiM will handle the theme song.
The limited edition will include:
- Yakuza: Kiwami 2 game software
- Three-disc “Kiwami” CD set
- Disc A: Kazuma Kiryu Famous “Kiwami” CD
- Disc B: Majima Goro Famous “Kiwami” CD
- Disc C: Yakuza: Kiwami and Yakiza: Kiwami 2 soundtrack “Kiwami” CD
- Special set of 10 business cards of charactesr that appear in the game
- Various downloadable content
- Exclusive costumes
- Exclusive weapons
- Play Spot-exclusive additional characters
- One million in-game yen
- PlayStation 4 theme and avatars
- Limited edition packaging
A “Yakuza: Kiwami 2 Edition” PlayStation 4 model will be available at launch via Sony Store Japan in both “Jet Black” and “Glacier White” color options. For 33,480 yen (500 gigabyte) / 38,480 yen (one terabyte), it includes a PlayStation 4, a Yakuza: Kiwami 2-themed PlayStation 4 top cover, Yakuza: Kiwami 2-themed original theme, and Yakuza: Kiwami 2-themed original design packaging.
English sub-titled version available here.)