Raiden V: Director’s Cut will launch for PlayStation 4 on September 14 in Japan, developer Moss announced.
While western publisher UFO Interactive has yet to announce a release date, a September 19 release is listed at U.S. retailers such as Amazon and GameFly. The game is planned for release in North America, Europe, Japan, and Asia. Outside of Japan, a PC (Steam) version will also be released.
Here’s an overview of the game’s features, via UFO Interactive:
- Extreme Graphics – Raiden V: Director’s Cut features full 1080p support to bring every explosion, missile attacks and boss kills to earth shattering realism on HDTV’s and monitors.
- Tri View HUD – Raiden V: Director’s Cut reaches new levels of frenetic and heart pounding action as real time game status changes, command center data and game play simultaneously and continuously update you on the action.
- Multiplayer – First time ever, local two-player cooperative play!
- Cheer Attack – A powerful special attack for your secondary weapons – but only for a few seconds – don’t miss your window!
- Fully Narrated Storyline – Who’s got time to read!
- New Ships – Three unique ships with different strengths and weapons.
- Health Bars – Keep an eye on your ship’s health if you want to make it to your final destination.
- PS4 Limited Edition – Exclusive 22* track separate music soundtrack CD.
View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.