The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Medabots Classics, a collection for 3DS that includes the first five Medabots games, complete with system improvements and evolutions.
That would include:
- Medabots (Game Boy, 1997)
- Medabots 2 (Game Boy Color, 1999)
- Medabots 3 (Game Boy Color, 2000)
- Medabots 4 (Game Boy Color, 2001)
- Medabots 5: Susutake Mura no Tenkousei (Game Boy Color, 2001)
The collection will be released in Kabuto and Kuwagata versions for 4,800 yen each. A limited edition including both versions, a 20-song soundtrack CD, and 520-page art book will also be released for 12,000 yen.
A release date was not announced.
Update 10:15 a.m.: Medabot Classics Kabuto Ver. and Medabot Classics Kuwagata Ver. will launch for 3DS in Japan on December 21.
Here are some additional tidbits:
- By clearing the main stories, there are bonuses such as being able to play from the beginning of the game with all parts acquired, or being able to use phantom parts that could not be obtained in the main story.
- There is a “Meda-Album” that compiles all the parts you obtained in the main stories. You can have a look at images and the capabilities of Medabots with all of their parts present.
- In addition to being able to save and load at any time, there is also a “Force Robattle Skip” feature that you can use to avoid battles against small fry or formidable enemies (although this will not increase your Medal skill level).
- Local multiplayer is supported, allowing each game to do wireless battles and parts trading.
- Development is currently 78 percent complete.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.
Update 08/29/17 at 5:05 a.m.: Scans added.