Falcom has new The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III information and screenshots detailing the “ARCUS II” battle orbment.
Get the details below.
■ ARCUS II Battle Orbment
A battle orbment is an orbal device that strengthens the user’s physical capabilities and enables the use of arts. In The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, Rean and company will fight using “ARCUS II,” which is the latest version of the “ARCUS” battle orbment used in previous titles.
◆ Basic Structure
A battle orbment manifests its abilities through the placement of crystal circuits called “quartz” into its empty slots. For ARCUS II, unique setups have also been added.
- Master Quartz – A special quartz that levels up and gains abilities the more you battle. In The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III, you can equip up to two at once.
- Quartz – A crystal circuit sealed with arts and special effects. There are normal, rare, and S rarity quartz.
- Orbment Configuration – Several slots of the orbment are connected by lines. This configuration varies from user to user, as well as affects their fighting style.
- Slots – A place to insert a quartz. When a slot is opened, your maximum EP will increase.
- Lines – The longer the connected line, the higher your EP will increase when opening a slot.
- Two Slots for the Master Quartz – The ARCUS II has two slots for the master quartz. The top slot is the main master quartz, while the bottom slot is the sub master quartz. 100 percent of acquired experience points will go to the main master quartz, while only 50 percent of experience points go to the sub master quartz.
- Quartz Set Effect – The effects granted by set quartz are displayed in the lower left of the quartz configuration screen. You can use this area to check things such as how your stats increased and what special effects were granted.
◆ Master Quartz
By setting the master quartz, in addition to gaining several special effects and enabling arts for use, your stats will also significantly increase. Furthermore, by participating in battle while the master quartz are set, they will gain experience points and can level up (Level 7 maximum). The arts you can use and the stat increases you gain will also rise based on your level, so be sure to level up.
Set the Main and Sub Master Quartz
Two master quartz can be set per character. Depending on the combination, you can further strengthen your abilities in battle.
Here are a few examples of master quartz and what they do:
- Sculd – Increases the HP and EP of the user. In addition to enabling use earth attribute arts such as “Needle Shot,” the more HP you have remaining, the higher the amount of Break Damage you will deal.
- Sirius – Significantly increases the speed of the user and enables use of wind attribute arts such as “Air Strike.” It also hits enemies with several times the standard amount of damage when an evasion counter is activated.
- Regulus – Significantly increases the STR and DEF of the user. In addition to enabling use fire attribute arts such as “Forte,” the amount of CP (Craft Points) you obtain when taking damage will increase. By increasing your level, you can also cut the cool-down period for using an “S Craft” in half.
◆ Use More Powerful Arts Per Attribute
Arts, or otherwise magic, can be used by setting orbments. Using an art costs EP (Energy Points), and the greater the arts’ effect, the more EP it will cost. Arts have seven attributes, and consist of not only attacks, but of a variety of types including recovery and support. New arts will also appear in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III.
“Lost Genesis” (Time)
A dark heavenly body that engulfs everything appears and brings destruction to space and time. It has a “delay” and “deathblow” effect.
“Sevens Calibur” (Space)
Seven sacred swords are summoned that penetrate anything evil. It has a 100 percent chance of inflicting a random status ailment.
“Alvion Wolf” (Mirage)
An illusion of a silver wolf attacks the enemy with a shock wave. Among all of the attack arts, its power is said to be of the strongest class.
“Zeruel Canon” (Fire)
After sending countless red-hot rays of light at the enemy, the enemy is hit with maximum light ray exposure. It has a 100 percent probability of inflicting the “burn” status ailment.
“Diamond Nova” (Ice)
Generates ice cubes of absolute zero degree temperature, and breaks it against a group of enemies. It has a high probability of inflicting the “freeze” status ailment.
“Gravion Hammer” (Earth)
Causes a massive earthquake and erupts the energy from underground. It significantly decreases the enemies’ speed and movement power for a fixed amount of turns.
“Ixion Volt” (Wind)
An attack that covers a group of enemies with a dark black cloud of thunder, then strikes them with lightning. It has a high probability of inflicting the enemy with the “seal” status ailment.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is due out for PlayStation 4 on September 28 in Japan.
View the screenshots at the gallery.