Two new One Piece games are in development, the latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals. One is a PlayStation VR-exclusive title called One Piece: Grand Cruise, and the other is a still untitled One Piece game code-named “Dawn.”
Get the information on each title below.
One Piece: Grand Cruise (PlayStation VR)
- The game’s genre, release date, and price have yet to be announced.
- The game’s content is also yet to be announced, but screenshots in the magazine show exploration of a ship. This is only a guess, but perhaps it is a game where you interact with your crewmates?
- A special demo of the game will be playable by up to eight users at once at the “Tokyo One Piece Tower” event in Tokyo Tower on July 22.
- The official website will be available here when it opens.
Unprecedented One Piece Game (Platforms Unknown)
- The game is code-named “Dawn” and is being developed in collaboration between Shueisha, Toei Animation, and Bandai Namco.
- It is an “unprecedented One Piece game.” (In other words, it has not been done before.)
- It is a game with an unheard of, super new feeling.
- The original author, Eiichiro Oda, is cooperating on development.
- Planning and conception is taking quite some time.
- It’s an enormous game. The setting and music from the anime are being poured into the game.