Following a release date announcement for the Americas at Anime Expo 2017 this weekend, Bandai Namco has announced that Gundam Versus will launch for PlayStation 4 in Europe on the same date, September 29.
In Japan, Gundam Versus launched today.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Bandai Namco:
Bring the fight home!
The world’s most famous giant robot series and notorious head to head arcade smash hit is coming to home consoles for the first time. Featuring Mobile Suits from all across the series history and brand new features exclusive to the home console release, fans finally have a chance to take 2 vs 2 combat to the next level in Gundam Versus!
Fast Paced 2vs2 Action-Fighting
Coordinate and lay waste to your rivals in fierce 2 vs 2 fighting combat iconic to the Gundam Versus series. Go all out with guns blazing and lighting fast melee in a robust selection of Offline and Online game modes, unique to the home console version. New quick actions bring more technical gameplay options, helping you avoid attacks or cancel actions to surprise your opponent. Call upon Striker support character to assist you in the heat of battle.
- Challenge the Best – Featuring Online Matchmaking using a Worldwide server, get ready to fight against the best players on the planet.
- Unreal Power – Leveraging the power of the PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine, Gundam Versus features all new environmental destruction, landscape deformation and dynamic lighting effects.
- Gearing Up for Victory – Chose between two different Awakening Systems, Blaze Gear and Lightning Gear, each with their fighting characteristics that enhance melee combat, augment lock-on range and more!
Bandai Namco also released a new trailer introducing the game’s several solo and multiplayer modes, including:
- Solo play: Enjoy and practice the battle
- Free battle: Fight against the CPU, setup your mobile suit, team information stage, BGM and much more.
- Trial Battle: Take on the challenge of up to 10 missions and gigantic bosses in new, original story scenarios.
- Ultimate battle: Fight for survival against waves of CPU opponents – available in multiplayer mode as well.
- Multiplayer: Invite your friends to join the battle
- Casual match 1VS1/2VS2 or 3VS: Increase the number of opponents/allies and fight against/with them.
- Ultimate Battle: Trigger this mode destroying a specific amount of units and join up to six players online.
- Player Match Custom Rooms: Create your set of rules and customize your online experience.
- Ranked Match: Worldwide matching: Fight against players with the same rank as you.
Watch the trailer below.