ForwardWorks will release Sora to Umi no Aida (The Space Between the Sky and Sea), its December 2016-announced original IP under the general management of Sakura Wars creator Oji Hiroi, for iOS and Android as a free-to-play title with in-app purchases in early October in Japan, as well as in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau through a partnership with So-net Taiwan.
Pre-registration is currently available at the game’s official website. Players will be given various awards when the game launches based on the amount of pre-registrations:
- Zero Pre-Registrations – 200 Rainbow Sphees + 4-Star Guardian Deity “Kisshou”
- 50,000 Pre-Registrations – 200 Rainbow Spheres
- 100,000 Pre-Registrations – 200 Rainbow Spheres
- 150,000 Pre-Registrations – 300 Rainbow Spheres
- 200,000 Pre-Registrations – 300 Rainbow Spheres + Guardian Deity “Kisshou” evolution materials
- 250,000 Pre-Registrations – 400 Rainbow Spheres
- 300,000 Pre-Regisrations – 400 Rainbow Spheres + Cadet Friendship Level UP materials set
Here’s an overview of the game’s story:
One day, the fish disappeared from the sea.
The year 20XX. The fish disappeared from oceans all over the world, and only whales dominated the sea. The Ministry of Fishery had been repeating experiments from the past and started the trial use of “Universe Fish Tanks,” a project to create huge fish tanks in space to cultivate fish.
The “Onomichi Universe Fishery Union” was established in Onomichi, and space fishermen were trained.
In recent years, through the strengthening of the equal employment opportunity law for men and women, the demand for female fishermen has increased, and six new space fishermen cadets were selected.
This is the story of their growth.
The game flow consists of two main parts:
- Story – Fully voiced. Experience not only the “Main Story,” but also “Cadet Stories” that focus on the six girls.
- Space Fishing – Risk your life fishing in space. Fish for vicious space fish together with your Guardian Deity.
In addition to the game, various other Sora to Umi no Aida media were announced, including:
- Comic: Sora to Umi no Aida (Tentative) – A comic that will begin serialization in Kadokawa Dengeki Daiou in November.
- Novel: Sora to Umi no Aida: Hajimari no Monogatari (Tentative) – A novel written by Masashi Takimoto and due out this fall from Dengeki Game Bunko.
- Anime: Sora to Umi no Aida (Tentative) – A TV anime produced by TMS Entertainment due out in 2018.
Watch the opening movie below.