Sony Interactive Entertainment and Naughty Dog debuted the story trailer for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy during the Sony E3 2017 press conference.
Here’s an overview of the trailer, via creative director Shaun Escayg on the PlayStation Blog:
As you can see, we’ve had a chance to take the best of Uncharted—the set pieces, puzzles, cinematic storytelling, and exotic locales—and tell a completely new story with Chloe Frazer at the helm. She’s on the hunt for the legendary golden Tusk of Ganesh forged by the ancient Hoysala Empire, and to find it, she enlists the help of Nadine Ross. However, if there’s anything we know about Chloe and Nadine, it’s that they both keep things close to the vest. Over the course of the story, we’ll explore Chloe and Nadine’s struggle to trust one another.
But they aren’t the only ones searching for the Tusk. The story trailer also introduces our new antagonist: Asav. He’s a calm, calculating, and ruthless warmonger who is waging a civil war in the region. To keep the Tusk from falling into Asav’s hands, Chloe and Nadine will travel from war-torn city streets to the depths of India’s Western Ghats mountain range and the ruins of the Hoysala Empire.
And here’s an overview of the game itself, via Sony:
From Naughty Dog, creators of critically-acclaimed Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, comes Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, a new standalone Uncharted experience for the PlayStation 4 system. For the first time in franchise history, fan-favorite Chloe Frazer will lead a new adventure featuring all of the hallmarks of the celebrated Uncharted franchise, including a new rich cinematic story, action-packed set pieces, exotic destinations, and intricate puzzles.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy follows treasure hunter Chloe Frazer on her journey to recover an ancient Indian artifact. In order to track it down – and keep it out of the hands of a ruthless war profiteer – she must enlist the help of former paramilitary leader turned gun-for-hire Nadine Ross. Together, Chloe and Nadine venture deep into the mountains of India’s Western Ghats to find the ruins of the Hoysala Empire and recover the legendary Tusk of Ganesh. Along the way, they’ll learn to work together and leverage their unique skills to unearth the mystery of the Tusk.
- A New Leading Character: In an unprecedented move for the Uncharted franchise, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will feature a new lead character – Chloe Frazer (Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3) – with Nadine Ross (Uncharted 4) aiding her along the way.
- Dynamic Gameplay: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy builds upon the series’ acclaimed gameplay with new systems and refinements, including cinematic combat, exploration and traversal of jaw-dropping environments, complex puzzles, and more.
- An-All New Setting: For the first time, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will take the series to the south-western coast of the Indian peninsula— the home of the former Hoysala Empire—which will feature an exotic mix of urban, jungle, and ancient ruins environments.
- Uncharted Legacy: Includes action-packed moments and a captivating narrative that fans have come to expect from Naughty Dog and the Uncharted series.
- Includes Multiplayer: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will come with Uncharted 4’s complete suite of multiplayer content, including its competitive multiplayer and cooperative Survival modes, as well as all of the DLC updates released since the launch of Uncharted 4. PlayStation Plus membership required – sold separately.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is due out for PlayStation 4 on August 22 in North America and August 23 in Europe.
Watch the trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.