Sega has released a new trailer for Sonic Forces introducing the game’s villains and introducing a powerful, mysterious new enemy named Infinite.
Infinite joins Eggman’s evil group of hecnmen in Sonic Forces, which also includes Chaos, Metal Sonic, Shadow, and Zavok, who have already taken over the world and aim to create more panic and disorder.
Here is a list of the villains introduced in today’s trailer:
- Doctor Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik: The original Mad Genius Doctor, and Sonic’s nemesis. After countless failed attempts, his plan to take over the world seems to finally be succeeding.
- Chaos: An ancient power thought to have been quelled after the events of Sonic Adventure. His return is a mystery.
- Shadow: Once called “The Ultimate Life Form”, Shadow fights for his own reasons. He appeared in Sonic Adventure 2.
- Metal Sonic: One of the evil doctor’s most powerful creations, Metal Sonic first appeared in Sonic CD, and has returned at a few key moments since.
- Zavok: The leader of a group known as The Zeti, Zavok is a powerful warrior who was first seen in Sonic Lost World.
Sonic Forces is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC this holiday.
Watch the trailer below. View a new set of artwork at the gallery.