The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has first details on the newly announced Little Witch Academia: The Witch of Time and the Seven Wonders through an interview with the anime production team and game producer Yosuke Futami.
Here are the tidbits:
- The game is a beat ’em up that moves like an anime through its “Visual Harmony System.” Players will move throughout every nook and corner of a huge academy.
- The focus is on the action side of the game.
- They’re aiming for a sense of the game being half action and half daily life.
- The appearance of the world is close to that of the TV anime series. It’s still a secret where they’re pulling stories from. There will be original stories, too.
- The scenario was proposed by the game production team. Hardly anything had to be modified.
- The team is considering elements to put it in the game while following along the TV anime broadcast.
- There are a considerable number of characters in the game, including mobs.
- Producer Yosuke Futami: “When I saw the anime movie and the TV anime, I felt that it was fate. I immediately starting working on planning for a game project and brought it in.”
Little Witch Academia: The Witch of Time and the Seven Wonders is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan in 2017.