Death end re;Quest is an RPG where players will aim to clear a bugged game world from the perspectives of both “game” and “reality.” It is a game of strong suspense and inevitable despair where many mysteries will intertwine, such as “bugs with will,” “NPCs with human hearts,” “characters that should not exist,” and “mysterious urban legends.”
The story begins when the protagonist, Arata Mizunashi, receives an e-mail from a woman named Shiina Ninomiya, who went missing one year prior to the events of the game. Through this e-mail, Arata learns that Shiina is trapped inside and cannot log out of a virtual reality MMORPG called “World’s Odyssey,” which was supposed to have ceased development, and takes action in order to rescue her.
The game’s staff includes:
- Producer: Norihisa Kochiwa (Neptunia series, Agarest series, Fairy Fencer F)
- Director: Youhei Satou
- Scenario: Makoto Kedouin (Corpse Party)
- Character Designer: Kei Nanameda (Mary Skelter Nightmares, Trillion: God of Destruction)
- Monster Designers: Yuji Kaida (Gundam series, Ultra series), Kia Asamiya (Silent Mobius, Kamen Rider Fourze)
- Summons Beast Designer: Junya Ishigaki (Gundam series, Xenogears, Macross F)
- Theme Song and Sound: Kaigi Gesshoku
- Sound: Yuki Sugiura (Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online, Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds)
- Guest Character Designer: Huke (Black Rock Shooter)
- Concept Adviser: Ichirou Kusaka (Final Request)
A release date for Death end re;Quest has yet to be announced.