Bethesda Softworks and Tango Gameworks announced The Evil Within 2 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC during the Bethesdsa Softworks E3 2017 press conference. It will launch on October 13.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Bethesda:
From mastermind Shinji Mikami and the talented team at Tango Gameworks, The Evil Within 2 takes the acclaimed franchise to a new level with its unique blend of psychological thrills and true survival horror.
You are Detective Sebastian Castellanos and at your lowest point. But when given a chance to save your daughter, you must enter a world filled with nightmares and discover the dark origins of a once-idyllic town to bring her back. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner as the world twists and warps around you. Will you face adversity head on with weapons and traps, or sneak through the shadows to survive?
Detective Sebastian Castellanos has lost everything, including his daughter, Lily. To save her, he is forced to partner with Mobius, the shadowy organization responsible for the destruction of Sebastian’s former life. Sebastian must descend into one of their terrible creations, the disturbing world of Union. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner, and he must rely on his wits to survive. For his last chance at redemption, the only way out is in.
- Story of Redemption – Sebastian must descend into the nightmare to win back his life and family.
- Discover Horrifying Domains – Explore as far or quickly as you dare through a world where nothing is quite what it seems, though be sure to prepare wisely.
- Choose How to Survive – Attack from the shadows with the crossbow, run like hell, or go in guns blazing with very limited ammo.
- Face Disturbing Enemies – Survive encounters with sadistic enemies and meet characters who may lead – or mislead – you on your path to redemption.
- Visceral Horror and Suspense – Enter a twisted world filled with anxiety-inducing thrills and disturbing horrors around every corner.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.
And here’s an extended trailer with gameplay: