The latest issue of Weekly Jump has new information about Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time party character Silvia, as well as the Samadhi Kingdom teased last month.
Silvia is a traveling entertainer who lives a freewheeling life and has the wonderful dream of “making people around the world smile through his own performance.” He is always cheerful and positive, and is the top mood maker among the party. He has magnificent poses and seems to get instinctively entranced. He can participate in battle through attacks, support, and recovery, and can equip one-handed swords, whips, and daggers.
Spells he can use includes:
- “Oomph” – Raises an ally’s attack power. A spell useful in boss battles and such.
His special skills include:
- “Hustle Dance” – An lively dance that restores HP to all members of the party.
- “Miracle Sword” – A one-handed sword skill that can recover HP while dealing damage.
- “Whip of Love” – A whip skill that deals great damage to multiple enemies.
- “Viper Fang” – A dagger skill that targets a single enemy and occasionally induces poison.
The Samadhi Kingdom is a country of knights surrounded by the desert. It is a historic kingdom that reigns over the desert and values its chivalry. It is rumored that the young prince is himself an outstanding knight. Horse races are also carried out here. A screenshot shows a circus tent in what is described as a castle town where people bustle about.
Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time will launch for PlayStation 4 and 3DS on July 29 in Japan. A Switch version is also planned, but has yet to be shown or dated.